Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina - 2006 First Prize Winner
1 6-ounce package Martha White® Cotton Pickin’ or Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
1 ½ cup chopped cooked turkey
½ cup chopped cooked ham
1 ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey mustard, divided
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup currant jelly
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to the package directions, except bake in a 10 ¼-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet. (The cornbread will be thin.)
- Remove the cornbread from the skillet; cool and cut into cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Wipe out the skillet with paper towels; grease generously.
- Place the cornbread cubes in skillet. Top with turkey, ham and shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard until well blended.
- Pour evenly over the ingredients in the skillet. Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- warm currant jelly slightly to melt. Add 1 tablespoon honey mustard; whisk to blend.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Cut in wedges, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve with the currant jelly and mustard sauce.