Cheesy Chicken Sriracha Cornbread
The Bridge @ South Pittsburg
2 cups Martha White® self-rising cornmeal
½ cup Mayfield® buttermilk
1 large egg
¼ cup oil
1 cup chopped or shredded chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Make a well in the center of the cornmeal, crack egg into well and mix together.
- Stir in buttermilk and then oil.
- Quickly stir in sriracha sauce, cheddar cheese, and chicken.
- Pour into greased 12 inch Lodge® cast iron skillet or a 9 X 13 greased pan.
- Bake at 400° F for 25-30 minutes until center is cooked through.