Cromwell’s Cajun Crawfish Cornbread Casserole covered with Andouille Sausage and Crawfish Cajun Cream Sauce
1 lb. peeled and partially cooked crawfish tails (Preferably LA raised)
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning (Malcom Reed King Craw)
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 small onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 jalapeno pepper chopped- remove seeds
4 oz. jar diced pimentos
12 oz. can cream style corn
2 large eggs beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups Martha White Sweet Cornbread & Muffin mix
Cajun Cream Sauce with Sausage and Crawfish:
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning (Malcom Reed King Craw)
½ tsp. lemon zest
½ tsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
¼ lb. Andouille link sausage chopped
¼ lb. crawfish tails (Louisiana raised)
1) Preheat oven to 375°F
2) In medium mixing bowl, combine crawfish, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
3) In separate large mixing bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, pimentos, cream style corn, eggs, oil, cheese, and Martha White cornbread mix. After blended, add crawfish mixture and combine well.
4) Oil 10” Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. Slowly fill skillet with combined ingredients.
5) Bake at 375°F for 50-60 minutes until brown on top and cornbread pulls away from sides of skillet.
6) Remove and let rest for 20 minutes.
7) In a Lodge 2 qt. Dutch oven, brown sausage and crawfish on medium high heat for about 4 minutes.
8) Remove and drain on paper towel. This mixture will be used on top of cornbread.
9) Wipe out majority of grease in Dutch oven then sauté butter, garlic, and parsley for 2 minutes on medium heat.
10) Whisk in heavy cream and Cajun seasoning over medium heat to reduce for 8-10 minutes. Stir often until sauce thickens.
11) Add lemon zest and lemon juice, stir in grated parmesan cheese until desired thickness is reached.
Finish by plating a slice of Cromwell’s Cajun Crawfish Cornbread Casserole, top with browned sausage and crawfish, then drizzle Cajun Cream Sauce over serving. Garnish with parsley.
Serves 6-8 Time: 1 ½ hours. Difficulty: Easy