Carson Aaron - 2018 Finalist
click here Ingredients
order now For the Cornbread Cakes:
¼ cup olive oil
1 package Martha White® Mexican Cornbread & Muffin Mix
⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
8 large eggs
order now For the Filling:
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces chopped bacon
2 cloves garlic, minced
⅓ cup diced red onion
⅓ cup diced green bell pepper
⅓ cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup fresh baby spinach
4 ounces thin sliced deli ham
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
order now For the Maple Mustard:
¼ cup yellow mustard
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
https://globaldevincubator.org/privacy-and-legal/ click here Directions
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Divide olive oil between two 12-inch Lodge® Cast Iron Skillets and swirl to coat bottom of skillets.
3. Whisk together Martha White® Mexican Cornbread & Muffin Mix, heavy whipping cream and 4 eggs until smooth. Pour half of the cornbread batter into one of the prepared skillets. Top with 4 eggs (this will be the top layer of the stack). Pour remaining batter in second prepared skillet. Place both skillets in preheated oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cornbread comes out clean.
4. While cornbread is baking, prepare filling. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch Lodge® Cast Iron Skillet over medium-low heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until bacon is beginning to crisp. Add garlic, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and pepper are tender. Stir in spinach and cook until spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
5. Whisk together mustard and maple syrup until smooth. Set aside.
6. To assemble, place ham on top of plain cornbread layer. Spread prepared vegetable/bacon filling evenly over top of ham. Top with shredded cheese. Transfer remaining cornbread layer with eggs to top of cheese. Drizzle with maple mustard just before serving.