buy now Karen Shankles, Knoxville, TN - 1998 First Prize Winner/2015 Best of the Best First Prize Winner
buy now FILLING:
1 pound smoked sausage, cut lengthwise and then into 1/4″ slices
½ chopped onion
1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 15-ounce cans of black-eyed peas, drained
1 14.5 ounce can low sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed
2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
1 egg beaten
1-1/3 cups buttermilk
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons sugar
½ cup cheddar cheese
¼ cup finely chopped parsley or cilantro
viagra without prescription usa Directions
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a 12-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet, on medium-high heat, cook the sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is browned and onion is translucent.
- Stir in the remaining filling ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the cornbread topping ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Spoon the batter over sausage mixture in skillet, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 400° F for 30-40 minutes or until cornbread is browned.
TIP: Garnish servings with sour cream, pickled jalapeno pepper slices and fresh parsley or cilantro leaves.