Jackie Hardin - 2018 Finalist
For the Tamale Cakes:
2 boxes Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
⅔ cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
½ cup frozen yellow corn
1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
For the Chipotle Cream:
2 cups mayonnaise
1-2 chipotle peppers with adobe sauce
For the Toppings:
1 pound lump crab meat
2 avocados, sliced
2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
8 ounces sour cream
Fresh flat leaf of parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray Lodge® Cast Iron Drop Biscuit Pan with no stick spray and place in hot oven.
2. Combine Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix, eggs, milk, butter, chopped green chilies, and rosemary together in a mixing bowl. Pour into a hot Lodge® Biscuit Pan.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. While Tamale Cakes bake, blend together mayonnaise and chipotle peppers with adobe sauce.
5. Assemble; On serving plate spread a little of the Chipotle Cream. Place Tamale Cake onto of the Chipotle Cream. Top Tamale Cake with sour cream, then sliced avocado, crab and chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with Chipotle Crème and garnish with flat leaf parsley.